Garden of Life Raw Organic Meal Review: Premium Nutrition, 22g of Protein, 44 Superfoods, Build Energy and Build Lean Muscle
If you’re looking for a meal replace supplement with lots of protein and 100% natural and organic, it’s safe to say that you’re not alone.
Plenty of people need this kind of supplement when they’re restricted by a vegan or vegetarian diet, and they’re trying to lose weight and build lean shape.
Without meat or fish, protein tends to be hard to come by. That’s how the Garden of Life raw organic meal comes in.
This is an extremely popular protein-packed meal replacement powder, and most review articles are full of praise and compliments.
If you’re trying to lose weight and you’re also on a vegetarian or diet, you can use this as a way to replace a meal when you’re super-busy to prepare breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Features of the Raw Organic Shake
Let’s find out what’s in store for you with Garden of Life raw meal:
- This provides up to 20 grams of clean plant-based protein. That’s a sizable amount for people who want to compensate for their lack of protein when they’re on vegan diet. It also helps people who are working out to build bigger muscles.
- It comes from 13 different plant sources. This multi-plant sourcing of protein also makes sure that you get all the essential amino acids you need.
- This works as a meal replacement drink, and to make sure you get all the healthy foods you need in one meal the list of ingredients include up to 44 different superfoods.
- With the vanilla flavor, you only get up to 115 calories. That’s great when you’re trying to lose weight with a low-calorie diet.
- Provides 5 to 7 g of fiber. Fiber is crucial for your digestive function, and it helps you get your weight to a healthy level. It lowers your cholesterol and even helps in controlling your blood sugar levels.
- In addition, it even comes with 1.5 billion CFU probiotics that are so good for your digestive function. All in all, it’s so complete that it can work as a meal replacement shake.
- This is USDA-verified organic, and vegan verified as non-GMO, free from dairy, soy, and gluten. There aren’t any tree nuts, artificial flavors and colors, filler ingredients, preservatives, or sweeteners. Even its sugar content is less than 1 gram.
- Just in case you’ve forgotten the name of this protein meal replacement, it’s “Raw”. It hasn’t gone through any processing or heating process that can denature the proteins. If you’re stressing raw foods in your diet, this will suit you just fine.
- Comes in 4 flavors. There’s chocolate, along with vanilla and vanilla chai. There’s also a lightly sweet version for those who are distasteful for protein powders with too much Stevia.
- This is great when it comes to other nutrients, as you also get up to 21 Garden of Life vitamins and minerals. It’s like they added a multivitamin blend to the formula.
Directions for Use
Officially, one of the ways you can take is to mix a serving with water. For some, this may work with the right flavor that suits your taste preferences.
However, pretty much everyone agrees that this doesn’t really taste all that good when you mix it with hot water.
Right away you need to reconsider your decision to prepare this in the morning to bring with you to work, because when you take it warm for lunch it’s not going to taste all that good.
So what you should do is to mix it with cold water. You may even want to consider mixing it with ice in a blender, so you can make sure that you mix it properly. Since this tends to result in a rather thick mixture, you may want to increase the liquid portion.
However, many recommend that you instead mix with almond, soy, or coconut milk. Again, plenty of ice will help and you’ll find a blender really useful in mixing everything together.
That’s especially true if you want to mix in some fruits. A cup of frozen fruits works well. Click to order some on Amazon today.
Which Flavor to Get?
Again, this will probably depend on your individual taste preferences. On the other hand, this amazing natural formula has received more than 6,000 reviews on just Amazon.com alone, when i typed this note and it should be much higher now.
So it’s easy enough to spot the general consensus on the various tastes, and you may want to learn about the various taste options.
If you’re new to plant-based protein powder (or protein powder in general), you have to be warned: the taste isn’t exactly chocolaty goodness. This comes with a rather strong aftertaste for newbies.
The Vanilla Flavor
Most people try this out first, since vanilla is pretty much good for most people. Who hates vanilla anyway? You can use this to mix with vanilla almond milk, though it should be unsweetened.
If you’re new to this protein powder, you may want to limit your use to a single scoop of the stuff at first, just so you can get used to it. A great blender also helps, and don’t forget to add more ice or more milk if you think the mix is a bit too thick.
Lots of people like this, especially with almond milk. It can be vanilla almond milk, or the unflavored milk.
Just make sure it’s unsweetened, because the protein meal replacement will be sweet enough. Add a whole banana to your blender, and the result is quite good.
For newbies, this will have a somewhat unpleasant aftertaste. It’s not bad, since with the other flavors the aftertaste is actually stronger.
With this, you can probably get used to the aftertaste after about days or so. After a few weeks, you’d probably forget about it. With the banana and almond milk, you get a great drink when you put in ice as well.
Others prefer this to vanilla, and it’s not all that bad either. There’s still a hint of the aftertaste, and the chocolate flavor isn’t as strong as what you’d find in other meal replacement shakes.
This may seem so be a misnomer for some, and it’s a disappointment for newbies. Here, “unflavored” means there’s no chocolate or vanilla to mask the actual taste of the protein derived from raw plants.
If you’ve tasted raw veggies, this will be familiar—it is bitter right at the start, and the aftertaste is quite sour.
So for this unflavored version, you will have to be creative in picking the fruits to add to the blender to make it palatable.
Lots of people have tried and failed, even with adding almond butter, chocolate, and lots of fruits. If you’re the adventurous type, this is for you.
Of course, there’s always the possibility that you actually enjoy the raw flavor of the plant-based protein, but that’s not exactly a common occurrence.
Pros and Cons
This comes with a very long list of nutrients that you simply won’t find in most meal replacement protein powders. Aside from the protein, you also have lots of fiber, vitamins and minerals, enzymes, and probiotics.
This can fit in just about any kind of diet, regardless of how restrictive it is. It can be a low-calorie, low sugar, kosher, vegan, or vegetarian.
The folks at Garden of Life have even made sure that athletes who take this won’t test positive for prohibited substances. With 44 superfoods, you never know.
Here you have all the necessary meal features that many insist on. It is non-GMO and verified vegan and organic. It comes from raw plants. It doesn’t have hormones and antibiotics. You won’t find a hint of pesticides, fungicides, and herbicides.
This carefully formulated supplement doesn’t cause any unpleasant side effects, and it’s very healthy and safe. It doesn’t contain any common allergens either. The lactose intolerant will sure pick this over protein that comes from dairy, such as whey.
The catch is of course the taste. It’s not Garden of Life’s fault, though. It’s a very common problem for virtually all plant-based protein powders.
You just need the determination to pick the right flavor and the right fruits to mix with. Almond milk helps, along with a very powerful blender.
Should You Try It?
Yes, you should.
The nutritional benefits are astonishingly impressive, and for that reason many people try to tolerate this even when they’re not exactly enamored of the taste.
But there are ways around the taste of it. All you need is some creativity, and you can also go online and try to find recipes in forums and customer reviews. Make sure you have a good blender to mix everything really well, and drink it while it’s cold.
With this Garden of Life Raw Organic Meal Replacement, you’re better able to achieve your fitness goal of losing weight and keeping slim.
You can make sure that you maintain your health with proper levels of protein, even if you’re on a vegan and raw diet.
Amazon Disclosure: “We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.”